Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I wonder....

Have you ever thought about what your life would be like if you were a few million dollars richer? When driving home from work everyday, I pass a sign for the Texas Power Ball Lottery. I think today it read that the winner for this week could possibly win 28 million (If they are extremely lucky that is). I truly find it hard to believe that there are people who spend so much money from week to week on hopes that they could walk away millionaires. Don't get me wrong; I'm not dogging gamblers. If you have money to through away, by all means, do as you may.

I can't help but think that one day I will be rich. I doubt that it will be from the lottery as I have only bought two lottery tickets since I turned eighteen. I look at it this way, in the words of an Author Unknown, "The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money". And thus, I can't complain.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I too, NEVER play the lottery-- but do dream of winning it nonetheless!! (Impossible since I don't play)

    ...and then I stress about how Lance will spend it wrecklessly, and all the people that will come by begging for their share, the taxes I will owe on it, my selfish brat I could raise if he had no limits to finances, the finacial advisor we would have to hire to keep us on the straight and narrow, the job that I may or may not keep, the house I would build... and on and on and on.

    Then I remember I am poor, and i just wasted a lot of time and energy!

    ReplyDelete