Saturday, June 12, 2010

Car Accident...

(Please read this completely before you start to worry. I am okay. Otherwise I would not be writing this.)

Last night I was in a terrible car accident on Interstate 35. I was heading home from a friend's house in Burleson. I remember entering the freeway, hitting a puddle of water, and feeling the vibrations of my truck pound from rolling over and hitting the guard rail. Once I finally came to a stop, I had to gather my thoughts and process what had happened. It was a miracle that I ended up on all four wheels.

Even after my truck had lost all control, there wasn't a single person who stopped to see if I was alive or if I needed assistance. At that point I couldn't worry about what others were doing.

My first instinct was to find out if I was bleeding. I was wearing my seat belt and I do remember my head hitting the steering wheel. However, there wasn't so much as a cut or scratch on my head or body. I sat there for a minute in silence and thanked God for sparing my life.

A few minutes went by and I could see the flashing lights of emergency vehicles approaching. It looked like Interlochen at Christmas time. I recall a paramedic knocking on my window and asking me if I was alright.

I opened my door and walked with him to the ambulance.

Then I woke up to reality of my two year old trying to jump on me. She wasn't going to give up until I got out of bed.

2 comments:

  1. you are a bitch. I was SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF, i was going to say I don't remember that.

    ReplyDelete